The California Native Vote Project (CNVP) is dedicated to serving Native community members as we face a disproportionate burden of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team members are all members of the community and we look forward to getting through these difficult times together. At CNVP, our work of building Native Power continues and we will be offering COVID-19 related resources to a growing number of regions throughout the state.
Our team has resources available for community members who identify as American Indian/Alaska Native and live in Los Angeles County, and also meet the following criteria:
- A “case” refers to someone who recently (2 weeks) tested positive with COVID-19. They are required to isolate for at least 10 days since their symptoms first started and have had no fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers) and their symptoms have improved.
- A “contact” refers to someone who was within 6 feet of someone with COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period or had unprotected contact with body fluids and/or secretions from someone with COVID-19. They are required to quarantine (stay home) and separate from others for at least 10 days and to monitor their health for 14 days.
Potential Resources include:
- Transportation Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Mental Health Support
For more information, including resources available outside of LA County, please contact Jesse Fraire at 323-688-6838 or email@example.com. Our team also offers free PPE (personal protective equipment) to Native community members statewide.
Partners and Additional Resources:
Los Angeles County
- UAII Health Clinic: COVID testing & vaccinations
- UAII – Seven Generations Department: Mental health & workshops
- UAII Red Pages: LA Native resource guide
- Strong Hearts Native Helpline: Domestic violence
- Indigenous Circle of Wellness: Mental health & workshops
- PUKUU Cultural Community Services: Direct services
- LA County COVID-19 Website: COVID-19 testing locations
- LA County Department of Public Social Services Website: Public Assistance
- LA County Public Health Department: Information & resources
- LA Native American Indian Commission Website: Resource guide
- California COVID-19 Website: Statewide COVID-19 updates
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Information & resources
- All Nations Christian Fellowship (Formally Indian Revival Church): Free drive through food distribution
- California Consortium for Urban Indian Health: Information & resources
- California Rural Indian Health Board, Inc: Information & resources
- Sierra Health Foundation: Resource guide
- California Indian Manpower Consortium: Information & resources
- Northern California Indian Development Council: Information & resources
- Local City/County Public Health Department: Local information, resources, and updates
California COVID-19 Website: Statewide COVID-19 updates
Reports from our partners: